The Primary Directive of Earthlobbyist is to meet people who deny climate change so we can talk with them about their beliefs, where they live and vote.
This can be accomplished only by physical travel. An Earthlobbyist will visit public meetings, coffee-shop, beauty salon, diner, bar, house of worship, sports event or school and just talk with people. For this I seek sponsorship and others who will join me making this same commitment
The first required step to being an EarthLobbyist is making a commitment to learning, so you can speak knowledgeably, with confidence and respect, about environmental science from organizations including:
350 dot org or
To be an Earthlobbyist means that you will do one or more of the following
- Print, sign and mail (or fax) personal letters to elected representatives who vote against the future of the Earth. You may copy letter templates, maybe adding a word or two of your own.
- Travel to a community where people do not understand the scientific reality of our planet and talk about this. In the USA, a majority of people who vote for anti-environmental senators and representatives in the south and mid-west USA suffer the majority of the effects of severe weather. This is a very obvious truth that can be supported with scientific data
- E-mail, text, populate an elected representatives website or social media presence
- Make a phone call for with your family or friends once a week.
- Make a video, tag and describe it ( for improved search quality) then post it on YouTube and other portals you prefer,
- Read a statement into the record at a town meeting.
- Go door to door hand delivering climate change information as a means to start the conversation. Remember people who deny climate change feel they have no power, have been politically misinformed, or do not feel the problem will effect them directly
- Teach children about ways they can be agents of change, which will hep them dispel fears about climate change. Many young people feel a sense of despair and hopelessness about climate issues, wrongly believing the only thing they can do is change consumer behavior
- Plant trees
- Write to leaders and embassies of countries that are actively destroying forests